Here are a few tips that will help you succeed during a solar eclipse.
- If you don’t have a Terra Blade, use a high damage very fast swinging blade like the Cutlass.
- Use high defense armor such as the Beetle armor.
- Find a shallow pool of water that you can stand it but still be above water. Allow the creatures to come to you. When they enter the water it will slow them down and buy you time to hit them more (and faster with a fast swinging weapon). If too many stack up, jump over them and hit them from the other side, they will have to change direction which is slow in the water and will buy you additional hitting time without taking damage.
- Have healing potions on you and use them as soon as you’ve lost enough energy that they’ll fill it back up. This will start the clock so you’ll be able to use one again quicker and maximize your health.
- Put campfires or other healing devices near the site where the pool is in preparation.
- Keep slots in your inventory free to pick up any loot (without having to pause to do it while you’re fighting). You’ll want a spot available to pick up any broken hero swords that may drop.
- Use a water candle or a battle potion that will cause more mobs to spawn and attack. The more mobs that attack, the higher the chance you’ll get a drop on the broken hero sword.